I installed Lion on my 27″ iMac and immediately knew that this wasn’t developed for desktop computers. I’m frustrated and thinking about downgrading back to 10.6.8.
- “Natural Scrolling” just isn’t natural, it’s wrong and only works on iPad/iPhone
- New scrollbars are only visible when you roll over the window, which is wrong
- Launchpad is useless
- Mission Control is ugly; what was wrong with Exposé?
- Auto-Save sucks. I want to be able to control my files
- Everything, yes, everything is grey. Just look at the new Finder
- Don’t open iCal, it’ll hurt your eyes
Lion wasn’t made for experienced users. It doesn’t support you being productive. And for crying out loud: the (i)Mac isn’t an iPad and I don’t want it to be an iPad. It just doesn’t work.
I’ve had enough. I’m downgrading. I’ve experienced numerous freezes, which, compared with all the other issues, is intolerable.
Lion has become more reliable since 10.7.1 and I actually start to enjoy working with it.